Donelson Heights United Methodist Church has agreed to host us since the tornado destruction at St John’s Lutheran Church in 2020. (History note: the guild began at DHUMC in 1987.) Please check updates in the message marquee at the top of the page, concerning the next meeting each month.
First Tuesday of the month at 9:30 a.m.
Our organization comes together at Donelson Heights UMC, where we have show-and-tell, door-prize drawings, and many interesting and informative programs. Our members share an interest in quilts and quilted objects. In addition to sharing the accomplishments of experienced guild members, we seek to learn techniques, gain ideas from each other and encourage new quilters.
We also have a monthly Sit-n-Stitch on the third Thursday of the month, starting at 9:00 am. Bring a sack lunch, work on a scheduled project, or do your own thing!
The elected officers propose new projects and classes each year, and each month’s meeting brings fresh ideas to the group. Committee members share information about regional and local events related to quilting.
We volunteer to display our quilts, answer questions, and demonstrate quilting at Nashville events throughout the year. Many members are blue ribbon winners, accomplished instructors, and quilt shop owners. Beginner quilters are also right at home in our guild. New techniques and time saving methods are shared.
We share information about upcoming competitions such as the Tennessee State Fair, Wilson County Fair, and quilt shows organized by other guilds in Middle Tennessee. We are members of the Tennessee Valley Quilters Association. In 2017 our guild celebrated its 30th anniversary.
We welcome visitors, and would love to have you visit. Because of space limitations, we currently have a membership cap of 150. If you decide you would like to join, we still have membership slots available, so we are not on a waiting list at this time.
- Music City Quilters Guild By-Laws
- Music City Quilters Guild Standing Rules and Changes
- MCQG Rules Update November 2017
- MCQG Revised By-Laws January 2019
- MCQG Standing Rules Revised October 2018
Guild Officers for 2023
- President- Evelyn Mitchell
- Vice President – Lezleigh Kleibrink
- Secretary – Carol Steuck
- Treasurer – Sheila Schmaedig
- Parliamentarian – Robert St John
Guild Committees for 2023
- Calling – Jessie Elliot
- Communications – Joanne Schlichting
- Door Prizes – Judy Greer, Carol Ball, Jessie Elliott
- Fundraising – Carol Steuck, Cathy Opila
- Getting to Know You Column – Carla Hennesy
- Hospitality/Membership – Sandra Usher, Becky Richardson
- Hostess/Kitchen/Food – Teresa Prater, Becky McGlaughn
- Membership Directory/List – Cheryl Moore
- Nashville Regional Fair – Ginger Fondren
- National Teacher – *Daphna Flegal, Robert St John, Barb Ide, Carol Ann
- Newcomers – Kathy Powers
- Newsletter/Photos – Marina Rawls, Vicki Sexton
- Phyls’ Angels – *Cathie Halfacre, Barbara Starkey
- Preemie Quilts/Hats – *Gayle Troccoli, Pat Brooks, Polly Picard
- Retreat (Fall) – *Becky Richardson, Michelle Churchman, Cheryljo Celia,
Sylvia Ballard, Teresa Prater, Susan Danley
- Retreat (Spring) – *Julie Reynolds, *Belinda Hardin, Teresa Prater,
Cheryljo Celia, Maggie Klenke, Pat Hawk
- Room Setup/Take Down – Cathy Opila, Priscilla Lembach
- Sit n Stitch – Jane Lyon, Daphne Flegal
- State Fair — Julie Reynolds
- Sunshine/Birthdays – Sally Collier
- Website – Marina Rawls