Donelson Heights United Methodist Church has agreed to host us until St John’s Lutheran has completed their construction. Please check updates concerning the next meeting place each month.
First Tuesday of the month at 9:30 a.m.
Our organization comes together at St. John’s Lutheran Church, where we have show-and-tell, door-prize drawings, and many interesting and informative programs. Our members share an interest in quilts and quilted objects. In addition to sharing the accomplishments of experienced guild members, we seek to learn techniques, gain ideas from each other and encourage new quilters.
We also have a monthly Sit-n-Stitch on the third Thursday of the month, starting at 9:00 am. Bring a sack lunch, work on a scheduled project, or do your own thing!
The elected officers propose new projects and classes each year, and each month’s meeting brings fresh ideas to the group. Committee members share information about regional and local events related to quilting.
We volunteer to display our quilts, answer questions, and demonstrate quilting at Nashville events throughout the year. Many members are blue ribbon winners, accomplished instructors, and quilt shop owners. Beginner quilters are also right at home in our guild. New techniques and time saving methods are shared.
We share information about upcoming competitions such as the Tennessee State Fair, Wilson County Fair, and quilt shows organized by other guilds in Middle Tennessee. We are members of the Tennessee Valley Quilters Association. In 2017 our guild celebrated its 30th anniversary.
We welcome visitors, and would love to have you visit. Because of space limitations, we currently have a membership cap of 150. If you decide you would like to join, we still have membership slots available, so we are not on a waiting list at this time.
- Music City Quilters Guild By-Laws
- Music City Quilters Guild Standing Rules and Changes
- MCQG Rules Update November 2017
- MCQG Revised By-Laws January 2019
- MCQG Standing Rules Revised October 2018
Guild Officers for 2020
- President – Sheila Schmaedig
- Vice-President – Mary Kane
- Secretary – Chris Hanson
- Treasurer – Cathie Halfacre
- Parliamentarian – Virginia Bean
Guild Committees for 2020
- Bus trips — Wanda Palus, Meriul Easton, Evelyn Mitchell
- Calling — Jessie Elliot
- Communication — Joanne Schlichting
- Coffee — Sandra Usher
- Door Prizes — June Batsel, Gina Drifmeyer
- Getting to Know You column — Carla Hennesy
- Historian — Carole Crane
- Hospitality/Membership — Judy Greer, Carolyn Mazurek, Cheryl Moore
- Kitchen Hostess — Susan Danley, Terri Burchette, Linda Perotto, Linda Duntsch, Starr Howell
- Librarian — Barb lde
- National Teacher — Wanda Palus, Evelyn Mitchell, Betty McGlaughn, Meg Lamey
- Newsletter — Marina Rawls; Mailed copies — Charlie Rhea
- Phyl’s Angels — Pat Simmons, Carole Crane
- Preemie Quilts — Barbara Starkey, Cheryl Jo Celia
- Programs — Mary Kane, Jean Renfro, Ruth Donnell, Brenda Sutherland
- Retreat (Fall) — Becky Richardson, Kathy Powers, Virginia Bean, Sylvia Ballard, Chris Hanson
- Retreat (Spring) — Sheila Schmaedig, Candice Hill, Belinda Hardin, Susie Cole, Cathie Halfacre, Carla Hennesy, Betty Stark
- Room Set Up — Sheila Schmaedig, Linda Duntsch, Linda Perotto
- Sit and Stitch — Jane Lyon, Roz Bordain
- Sunshine — Sally Collier
- Website — Marina Rawls