St. John’s Lutheran
3259 McGavock Pike
First Tuesday of the
Hello and welcome to the official web site of the Music City Quilt Guild in Nashville, Tennessee.
Our organization comes together for a monthly meeting at St. John’s Lutheran Church. At our monthly meetings, we have show-and-tell, door-prize drawings, and many interesting programs. Our members share an interest in quilts and quilted objects. In addition to sharing the accomplishments of experienced guild members, we seek to learn techniques, gain ideas from each other and encourage new quilters.
We also have a monthly sit-n-stitch on the third Thursday of the month, starting at 9:30 am. Bring a sack lunch, work on the scheduled project, or do your own thing!
The elected officers propose new projects and classes each year, and each month’s meeting brings fresh ideas to the group. Committee members share information about regional and local events related to quilting.
We volunteer to display our quilts, answer questions, and demonstrate quilting at Nashville events throughout the year. Many members are blue ribbon winners, accomplished instructors, and quilt shop owners. Beginner quilters are also right at home in our guild. New techniques and time saving methods are shared.
We share information about upcoming competitions such as the Tennessee State Fair, Wilson County Fair, and quilt shows organized by other guilds in Middle Tennessee. We are members of the Tennessee Valley Quilters Association. In 2007 our guild celebrated its 20th anniversary.
We welcome visitors, and would love to have you visit. Because of space limitations, we currently have a membership cap of 150. If you decide you would like to join, we still have membership slots available, so we are not on a waiting list at this time.
- Music City Quilters Guild By-Laws
- Music City Quilters Guild Standing Rules and Changes
- MCQG Rules Update November 2017
- President – Candice Hill
- Vice-President – Sheila Schmaedig
- Secretary – Barbara Ide
- Treasurer – Judy Beckwith
- Parliamentarian – Michelle Churchman
Guild Committees for 2018
- Bus Trips – Jane Callahan and Lynn Markley
- Calling – Susan Hughes and Joanne Schlichting
- Communications – Sissy Thomas
- Door Prizes – Evelyn Mitchell and Kathy Powers
- Getting to Know You – Maggie Klenke
- Historian – Joan Eastland
- Hospitality/Membership – Sandra Usher and Susan Danley
- Kitchen/Hostess – Roz Bordain, Tammy Campbell, Ruth Buchanan, Jeanette Bolton, Starr Howell and Jean Gant
- Library – Needs to be filled
- National Teacher – Teresa Couch, Maggie Klenke, Judy Beckwith and Mary Kane
- Newsletter – Virginia Bean – Photos – Sissy Thomas and Mailing – Charlie Rhea
- Preemie Quilts – Sue Stein, Julie Williams and Linda Bernhardt
- Phyllis’s Angels – Ruth Donnell & Betty Brooks
- Publicity – Julie Reynolds
- Retreat – Spring – Sheila Schmaedig, Emily Johnson, Cathy Halfacre and Phylliis Masonheimer
- Retreat – Fall – Bridgette Long, Chris Hanson, Melinda Kunkle and Barbara Starkey
- Set Up – Donna Rholing and Dolores Parker
- Sit n Stitch – Carol Ann McCandless & Belinda Hardin & Susie Cole
- State Fair – Emily Johnson
- Sunshine – (send out cards) – Michelle Churchman
- Website – Sissy Thomas
- Program committee to assist Candice Hill,Susie McAvoy, Carol Ann McCandless and Belinda Hardin