St. John’s Lutheran
3259 McGavock Pike
First Tuesday of the
Hello and welcome to the official web site of the Music City Quilt Guild in Nashville, Tennessee.
Our organization comes together for a monthly meeting at St. John’s Lutheran Church. At our monthly meetings, we have show-and-tell, door-prize drawings, and many interesting programs. Our members share an interest in quilts and quilted objects. In addition to sharing the accomplishments of experienced guild members, we seek to learn techniques, gain ideas from each other and encourage new quilters.
We also have a monthly sit-n-stitch on the third Thursday of the month, starting at 9:30 am. Bring a sack lunch, work on the scheduled project, or do your own thing!
The elected officers propose new projects and classes each year, and each month’s meeting brings fresh ideas to the group. Committee members share information about regional and local events related to quilting.
We volunteer to display our quilts, answer questions, and demonstrate quilting at Nashville events throughout the year. Many members are blue ribbon winners, accomplished instructors, and quilt shop owners. Beginner quilters are also right at home in our guild. New techniques and time saving methods are shared.
We share information about upcoming competitions such as the Tennessee State Fair, Wilson County Fair, and quilt shows organized by other guilds in Middle Tennessee. We are members of the Tennessee Valley Quilters Association. In 2007 our guild celebrated its 20th anniversary.
We welcome visitors, and would love to have you visit. Because of space limitations, we currently have a membership cap of 150. If you decide you would like to join, we still have membership slots available, so we are not on a waiting list at this time.
- Music City Quilters Guild By-Laws
- Music City Quilters Guild Standing Rules and Changes
- MCQG Rules Update November 2017
- MCQG Revised By-Laws January 2019
Guild Officers for 2019
- President – Candice Hill
- Vice-President – Melinda Kunkle
- Secretary – Chris Hanson
- Treasurer – Lynn Nelson
- Parliamentarian – Jean Shaw
Guild Committees for 2019 (*denotes chairperson)
- Bus trips-*Meg Lamey, Kendall Storm
- Calling- Jessie Elliot
- Communications- Sissy Thomas
- Door Prizes- Cookie Matthews, Meriul Easton
- Getting to Know You column- Pat Hawk
- Historian- Carole Crane
- Hospitality/Membership- Rita Wahl, Cheryl Moore
- Hostess/Kitchen- *Betty Brooks, * Ruth Donnell, Mary Lou McBrian, Roz Bordain, Jeanette Bolton, Ruth Buchanan, Sue Danley
- Librarian- Barb lde
- National Teacher- Judy Beckwith, Mary Kane, Evelyn Mitchell, Jean Shaw
- Newsletter- Brenda Sutherland
- Phyl’s Angels- *Sheila Young, Linda Bernhardt
- Preemie Quilts- Barbara Starkey, Cathy Halfacre
- Publicity – Julie Reynolds
- Retreat Spring- *Sheila Young, Candice Hill, Terri Burchette, Cathy Halfacre, Belinda Hardin, Phyllis Masonheimer, Lynn Nelson
- Retreat Fall- Sytvia Ballard, Cheryl Celia, Belinda Hardin, Kathy Powers, Becky Richardson, Barbara Starkey
- Room Set Up- Sylvia Ballard
- Sit and Stitch- *Gladys Robertson, Marsha Mellendorf, Cheryl Jo Celia
- Sunshine- Sally Collier
- Website- Marina Rawls
- Program Committee- *Melinda Kunkle, Becky Richardson, Brigitte Long, Sandra Usher