St. John’s Lutheran
3259 McGavock Pike
First Tuesday of the
Hello and welcome to the official web site of the Music City Quilt Guild in Nashville, Tennessee.
Our organization comes together for a monthly meeting at St. John’s Lutheran Church. At our monthly meetings, we have show-and-tell, door-prize drawings, and many interesting programs. Our members share an interest in quilts and quilted objects. In addition to sharing the accomplishments of experienced guild members, we seek to learn techniques, gain ideas from each other and encourage new quilters.
We also have a monthly sit-n-stitch on the third Thursday of the month, starting at 9:30 am. Bring a sack lunch, work on the scheduled project, or do your own thing!
We have a tradition of donating child-sized nap quilts to needy children and preemie quilts to area hospitals. Many other service projects showcase the giving spirit of quilters.
The elected officers propose new projects and classes each year, and each month’s meeting brings fresh ideas to the group. Committee members share information about regional and local events related to quilting.
We volunteer to display our quilts, answer questions, and demonstrate quilting at Nashville events throughout the year. Many members are blue ribbon winners, accomplished instructors, and quilt shop owners. Beginner quilters are also right at home in our guild. New techniques and timesaving methods are shared.
We share information about upcoming competitions such as the Tennessee State Fair, Wilson County Fair, and quilt shows organized by other guilds in Middle Tennessee. We are members of the Tennessee Valley Quilters Association. In 2007 our guild celebrated its 20th anniversary.
We welcome visitors, and would love to have you visit. Because of space limitations, we currently have a membership cap of 150. If you decide you would like to join, we still have membership slots available, so we are not on a waiting list at this time.
Guild Officers for 2017
- President – Donna Minter
- Vice-President – Shelia Schmaedig
- Secretary – Barbara Ide
- Treasurer – Judy Beckwith
- Parliamentarian – Kay Wallace
Guild Committees for 2017
- Communications – Sissy Thomas
- Bee Groups – Teresa Couch
- Bus Trips – Jane Callahan
- Door Prizes – Norma McGrath, Krisanne Orsborn
- Getting to Know You – Norma Pacl
- Historian – Jane Lyon
- Hospitality/Membership – Sandra Usher & Marina Rawls
- Kitchen/Hostess – Roz Bordain, Brenda Alexander, Tammy Campbell,Pam Thorne
- Library – Linda Bernhardt
- National Teacher Joanne Schlichting, Susie Cole, Teresa Couch, Maggie Klenke
- Newsletter – Virginia Bean – Photos – Sissy Thomas/ Mailing – Charlie Rhea
- Preemie Quilts / Hats – Sue Stein & Julie Williams
- Phyllis’s Angels/Project Linus – Ruth Donnell & Betty Brooks
- Publicity – Julie Reynolds
- Retreat – Spring – Judy Beckwith (Chair), Julie Williams,Janice Redfern, Sylvia Ballard, Emily Johnson
- Retreat – Fall – Sheila Schmaedig
- Set Up –
- Sit n Stitch – Carol Ann McCandless & Belinda Hardin & Susie Cole
- State Fair – Emily Johnson
- Sunshine – (send out cards) – Michelle Churchman
- Website – Sissy Thomas