We make small quilts and preemie hats for several hospitals to use in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
- Quilts should measure between 12″ x 12″ and can be as large as 24″ x 24″.
- Quilts do not have to be square.
- Cotton batting and fabric are required.
- They can be machine or hand quilted.
- They can be bound in the customary way or make the sandwich like a pillow (fabric right sides together with batting on top of one piece of fabric; stitch around quilt leaving opening large enough to turn right side out; slip-stitch opening closed and then machine or hand quilt).
- Quilts are taken up at every meeting.
- Labels will be attached by the committee.
This project is named for a beloved guild member, Phyllis Gall. She lost her battle with cancer a few years ago. She has a grandson with Down’s Syndrome and his mother (Phyllis’ daughter) Alecia Talbott is the Executive Director of the Down’s Syndrome Association of Middle TN. A gift of a quilt gives Alecia a lead-in to speak with new parents of a DS child. We also donate quilts for older children with Down’s Syndrome.